We take great pride in our approach and the resulting
client satisfaction with our work.
Read More..

Many of our customers choose to pay privately for our services, others obtain a grant from their local authority. This is called a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG). Some charities and local organisations may also be able to contribute to the cost of adapting your home.  Home Independence Services will work flexibly within your individual budget.

It is worth exploring the options available to you.

Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG)
Your local authority can assess your needs and tell you if you are eligible for a DFG to contribute towards the cost of adapting your home. The first stage in this needs assessment is normally completed by an Occupational Therapist. They can be accessed through the local authority social services department, or privately.

Financial assistance available for adults is dependent on a means test. Currently, the maximum amount payable in England is £30,000 with grants being administered through the local housing authority. Where a child requires a grant, both the child and the parent are now exempt from a means test.